the Coldplay show on Sunday. In between the two amazing concerts, we spent some time in Roswell with Katie's family during her cousin's wedding. Although this was an event that most would consider to be laid back and easy-going, it was a bit stressful as I met many of Katie's family members and had to present myself after a long night of Snoop Dogg and driving from state to state the previous day. However, it was fun getting to know some of her family and to realize how much we have in common with each other. But enough of the sappy stuff. Sunday night: Coldplay.It was a great time at Lakewood Amphitheater where Katie and I had lawn seats for the 7 o'clock show. Two other bands opened for them, one I don't remember the name of, and Pete Yorn. We arrived during the middle of Pete Yorn's set and got situated on the lawn while listening to some pretty good music. After that set, there was a twenty minute intermission for Coldplay to set up for their show. At this point in time, it began drizzling (Thankfully we were prepared with rain jackets), however, the crowd was not deterred in the least. Everyone in the amphitheater was standing up eager for the band to start the show.
They played many songs from their new album, Viva La Vida, as well as many of their classic songs like Clocks, Fix You, and many more. The amazing special effects and many different screen shots of the band projected on the three big screens behind and on either side of the main stage made a great show absolutely unforgettable.
But for anyone who questions how awesome Coldplay is live, I hope the videos I put up on this blog will leave you amazed. They sounded just like they were playing a studio recording, with no mistakes or anything of that sort. Also, Chris Martin has to be the best performer I have seen live. His suttle jokes during the middle of songs were very entertaining. They switched stages twice throughout the night, the first time they moved into the crowd under the amphitheatre overhang and then moved again out into the rain in the midst of the crowd located on the lawn. It was pretty cool.
As the show went on, the rain continued to drizzle down and we were ge
Funny little story about the ride home. We had just got off of GA 400 on the Holcomb Bridge exit and were heading back to my dad's house when we approached the intersection where I used to live as a baby. All of the sudden one of Cobb county's finest rolled up to the intersection and looked like he had no intention of stopping despite us having the green light and everything. Well naturally I swerved into the other lane and slammed on my brakes. Pretty Scary. The cop then proceeded to catch up to me very quickly and I thought for sure he would pull me over despite me doing nothing wrong. Thankfully he did not but it would have been a pretty interesting situation had he not stopped when he did. It goes to show you that even police make mistakes! Ha!
Anywho, the show was great and below is video of Viva La Vida for you to see as well as a link to my flickr site with pictures from the night!
No comments:
Post a Comment